Feel good about where you work and what you do!
We are Aspire Living & Learning, a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities.
Aspire Living & Learning is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) to provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. The DSP will provide support with daily activities, including household chores, meal preparation, recreational activities, learning activities, and physical fitness activities. The DSP will represent the needs, wants, and interest of individuals served or supported by the program, and provide input on program planning and implementation for individuals.
Our ideal candidate:
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities in a professional setting strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills, experience using Therap a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Empathy, enthusiasm, and a passion and dedication for helping others.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver’s license required, with at least 3 years of driving experience.
Our employees enjoy working with a fun team of dedicated professionals and believe in a healthy work/life balance. In addition, eligible employees will receive:
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- 403(b) retirement plan and employer matching contribution
- Paid sick and personal days
- Focus on ongoing professional development
- Opportunities for advancement – many of our employees have 20+ years of tenure and hold leadership positions after joining us as Direct Support Professionals!
- Life insurance (equal to twice your salary!)
- Short and long-term disability
If you want to join us in making a difference and positively impact the lives of others while charting your own path of development, then we at the Aspire team would love to hear from you.
$16.00 / Hour
Aspire Living & Learning believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.