Feel good about where you work and what you do!
We are Aspire Living & Learning, a non-profit human services agency making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults and children with autism and other disabilities. Aspire Living & Learning is currently seeking a Behavior Therapist to work out of one of our Approved Public Special Education Programs in Stamford, CT, providing services to children who have been outplaced to our program due to social, behavioral, and/or academic needs.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Deferred Compensation Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement for up to $500 per year for professional development opportunities (full-time employees only)
- Full-time licensed employees and those seeking licensure or advance degrees may be eligible for enhanced tuition reimbursement for up to $3,000 per year
- Mentorship and supervision for aspiring teachers, BCBAs, speech and language pathologists, and social workers
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Options for Supplemental Insurance
As a Senior Behavior Therapist, you will work under the guidance of Special Education Teachers and Board-Certified Behavior Analysts to implement each student’s educational and behavioral programs. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with service providers, including School Psychologists, Speech and Language Pathologists and Occupational/Physical Therapists.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Special Education, or a related field strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience providing direct support to children with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a collaborative approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working directly with children with disabilities.
Our Senior Behavior Therapists enjoy working with a fun team of dedicated professionals to support children with a variety of needs. We believe in a healthy work/life balance, and our reputation for providing high quality, ethical services is one of our biggest assets.
Aspire Living & Learning believes it must play an active role in creating a community of employees that is diverse, inclusive and equitable. Our work benefits greatly from the contributions of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.